Forum Replies Created
thanks for the answer
I’ll be frank….
Basically you describe exactly the situation we want to simulate – at one point in the war, there were not many counters to the KV tanks, mostly AT nades, Schrecks and PaKs. The smaller German tanks cannot pen it and are useless…. just like back then.
only some parts of it, e.g. gurads tower and ss Flandern
For finding games, try our discord server with over 1300 players.
Thanks Rabcom, we are looking on overhauling some of the older doctrines once we finished the last one.
As you already mentioned it yourself – it’s a lot to read. Could you please make a short summary with suggestions? Bulletpoints and numbering for the tech tree suggestion would be great as it makes it much easier to get the essence of your suggestions.
Thanks for the update.
- This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Lorarius.
the essence of it…
- US Airborne Doc can call in Air support without any special unit – change to the SS system where you need to have the officer or Wehrmacht with von Manteufel
- all camo infantry units need the “hold fire” ability (shouldn’t be in a submenu as you need to click it fast in some cases)
- Luftwaffe StuG III call in doesn’t show foilage on top when in camo (model thing for Starbuck I guess)
- Panthers in camo and tank only option should not fire their MG when infantry are in range (noticed that myself before)
if you are tired of compstomp (if anyone ever can be with the most superior CoH2 AI), you’ll find many players to play with and against on our official Wikinger Discord server.
At the moment we are concentrating on the doctrines. We want to finish the last two remains ones first, then the modders will definitely need a break and then we can think about some new ways to play Wikinger.
The 2x resources is requested from time to time, so it’s likely we might have it.
I think nothing changed.
Just go into your profile and upload a suitable pic.
If you are having troubles, let me know on discord.
my thoughts on that:
- Snipers reveal when firing, so they can counter snipe one another, but can’t detect camoed units on their own. (OK, but veteran snipers should gain the “stay camoed” ability)
- Scout vehicles (jeep, kubel, 221, m5 scout car, m20 utility car, bren carrier) reveal stealth units as a passive, radius 20-40m. Can there be a difference in detection radius between a moving scout car and a static?
- halftracks can be either upgraded, or spend munitions, or both, to temporarily reveal units around them, but at a much smaller radius
- Ambush infantry gain a new stealth mode (in addition to the current one) where they can move faster, but are spotted easier by non-spotter units (20-15m instead of the 5m from the prone camo ability). This IS NOT given to AT squads.
- Ambushed Tank destroyers can be revealed at much longer ranges by units, 20-35m
- all camo units should have the hold fire ability, also to get rid of some micro:
- AT inf-teams could have a “tanks only” mode, just like AT canons
- if camoed units get revealed and shot at, they should shoot back, no matter if they have a hold fire or so activated
I like your idea!
A built at gun could spawn in a truck, just like iron will infantry.
- This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Lorarius.
I would prefer an automatic suppression mode once the squad is prone.
Isn’t there already a critical like glasblock damaged? It could drastically limit the view.