3.1.5 Balance Feedback

Home Forums General Discussion Balance Discussion 3.1.5 Balance Feedback

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      MeatShieldNZ
      Keymaster

Now that you’ve all hopefully had a chance to play the new version we would like some feedback on how you feel version 3.1.5 is to play.

Specifically around the new features like:

Artillery & mortar damage,scatter and rate of fire

The improved artillery spotting and call in method

Snipers

The new doctrine in general, is it balanced?

Thanks

mor_juliet
      Participant

I had some problem countering snipers in previous match against Kraus. Sniper might be a little op,or Kraus used snipers well. Any tactics counter snipers?

Lorarius
      Keymaster

well, snipers are countered with snipers….

also, with the updates (only shooting when static), they are less likely to move, so rushing there would be an option. The snipers are extremely vulnerable if they are not protected themselves. Flanking them is also an option, but u need to “read” the landscape for that to find his blind spots.

And yes, snipers are a pain in the ass, but each faction has at least one, so your own sniper can be the same pain in the ass for your opponent.

MeatShieldNZ
      Keymaster

Its a good question because this is all very new and so new counter tactics need to be formed.

In my opinion the best way to counter snipers if you do not have one yourself is with the following units, will depend on the situation which is the best choice:

Light vehicles – snipers should light up on the mini map when he/she fires. Rush in with a Sdkfz 222 or a quad halftrack and neutralise them.

Indirect Fire – Mortars now have a fast saturation barrage that could catch the sniper out. Or heavier artillery if you have it.

Spotting: Use recon planes/flares to reveal their position.

Blinding and flanking: Once you know roughly where the sniper is use smoke or the terrain to obscure his vision and then flank with infantry or vehicles. Infiltration units should be excellent counter snipers also, pop out of the nearest building and put him out of his misery!

mongalong247

Something to bear in mind here guys, built into CoH2 are those annoying event messages – if you click on the “unit sniped” one it will take you to the snipers location, so even if it is hidden again you will have an idea of where to start looking in your counter sniper fight.

mor_juliet
      Participant

mongalong – I didn’t know that I could click on those message finding snipers. It is really helpful.

meatshield – German light vehicles are not reliable. They get destroyed in half a second by .50 cal.
      My mortar was suppressed by his sniper in that map without obstacles. It will be good in other maps.

Lorarius – So I got my own sniper in the end.

Nyvre

Wunderwaffe is one of my favourite if not my favourite doctrine. I wouldn’t at all say it is useless, you just have to use its abilities right and remember that artillery is best countered by not putting too much value in one closely-knit spot. It is a very agressive doctrine with very agressive units that are very strong when used agressively. It has infantry good for fast assaults and abusing weak points in the enemy’s defense and tanks good for a slow moving armour wall.

To help with playing it, I made this long rambly guide to all the units presented: https://wikingeretow.com/wikingerforum/topic/wunderwaffe-guide/

sean
      Participant

Dear Death_Kitty, I can see what your issue is, I understand some off the ways how the tech work can be frustrating, If you want i Can teach u the in’s and Outs Of Wikinger, I play quite often and I am Aswell one of the beta testers let me know,

With sincere Regards Sean

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.