50 Cal Machine guns

Home Forums General Discussion Balance Discussion 50 Cal Machine guns

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      sean
      Participant

So i Noticed That the 50,cal Is Just To strong early game At the moment, Against Light Armor and Infantry Due it insta pinning capability,

I Think it should moved up to Tier 2 Same as the MG42, and make it Doctrine specific to give it to Infantry And Airborne,

But Take it away from Armor and give all Doctrines the 30, cal as a Starting MG,

I Recommand The Same with the Dshk, The 50 cal MG’s are just to strong early game For example Iron Will has NOTHING to counter the 50’s their range is longer than a Rifle grenade, what makes it almost impossible to engage with iron will until u get ur armor out,

My opinion Stays that 50,cal MG’s should be tier 2, Same as what happened to the MG42,

Also Lil edit: MG that are pinned Still fire their machine guns,

• This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by sean.
      storm60
      Participant

i agree, the 50cal just makes getting halftracks or luchs pretty much useless since it can kill in a single burst almost.

SturmtruppeV
      Participant

I agree with you, Rifle grenade always miss the target we pointed at in the long range – my vision

Death_Kitty

I agree with moving the 50 cal to tier 2.

Damian
      Participant

Give US .30 cal for every doctrine on tier1 then (cause SS has mg34) 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Damian.
        sean
        Participant

thats what i wrote 😛 Read again XD

Damian
      Participant

Think about it 😉

.50 cal is supposed to kill light vehicles and without it, US infantry will have to always go t2 instead of choosing to go for t3 first. I don’t think it would be very healthy.

sean
        Participant

but than keep it T1 for infantry doctrine only just like the russian shock army has it ATM,

But for the airborne T2 Because the 50,cal makes any light Vic useless while the OKW also has no T1 AT we only have AT on T2

Damian
        Participant

.30 cal is actually better against infantry (range difference isn’t that big.). It kills infantry super easy because of it’s rate of fire.

If you remove .50 cal, people will start using .50 cal jeeps to kill LVs which will win any fight against halftracks and armored vehicles (besides Luchs, but not even .50 cal HMG can kill it in less than 10 seconds, not even with  AP ammo).

SS does not have any early AT, because it does not need it. Jeeps/Kubel are killed super quick with infantry and what’s the other t1/t2 LV US can get???

sean
        Participant

Easy M20’s M8’s All the halftracks even stuarts that is if they go straight for Mechanized instead of platoon as T2

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by sean.
        • This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by sean.
      mor_juliet
      Participant

.30 cal is better than .50 in early game, because .30 cal can also pen light vehicle and kill inf faster(just feeling). I don’t know if you want to nerf US army or buff it.

Olhausen
      Keymaster

I add, regarding light vehicles, Americans have a similar tech up to SS, then they can get the Stuart at the same time of Luch as an example.

Damian
      Participant

I mean, I don’t even care anymore, like Mor and I said before, .30 cal is better than .50 cal in early game (and past early game you can get .50 cal anyway with t2). If you want to buff US, go for it and add .30 cal for every single doctrine. 😉

Morgoth
      Participant

Honestly i also feel that .30 cal is doing a little bit better against infantry then m2, but im strongly supportive to Sean’s idea. There are several reasons to withrdraw M2 from T1.

First and most important of all is that it was never a basic US machine gun during whole WW2 period. M1917 and m1919 surely were.  Current game composition shows something opposite  M2 as a standard mg and .30 cal like some kind of a rare optional thing.

Secondly M2 truly makes early vehicles almost unplayable.  It is ridiculously strong against lightly armored. It makes all mg covered areas an instakill zones for light vehs. The problem is not that the .50 cal can kill  them, but that it requires completely no micro(u dont even need to activate the ability), and that it cannot be dodged anyhow. U enter the zone – u got killed. Wide firing arc make it even more problematic.

Thirdly M2 has much to high penetration values. As far as i know WW2 period armor piercing ammunition was capable of punching through 22 mm of an armor plate. Im saying about AP/API etc, rounds, not standard ball. In game it is easily going through Puma’s highly sloped 30 mm frontal armor.

I think that M2 should ba available as a T2 weapon in infantry docs and airborne(but only via airdrop ability. M1917 with AP belt is good enough to perform a sufficient av capibilities in early game.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.