3.1.6 Beta US AB engineer/101st bugs

Home Forums General Discussion Bug Reporting 3.1.6 Beta US AB engineer/101st bugs

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      VinnySOB
      Participant

First, thank you for adding sand bags to AB engineers! AB engineers build fighting position with .50 cal, but it does not have facing indicator. AB call in troops build fighting hole $200.00, and no .50 cal, but it has facing icon. Why not free slit trench? also, AB can build holes in enemy HQ area. Last, AB engineers so not have repair ability–is this by choice? I know I am supposed to be testing Infantry, but I wanted to see how it would be playing AB without having flame throwers as they have no flame unit now. Maybe less units/engineers should have flame. It is nice. Ha! make the builder troop have the flame for Soviets/Wehrmacht then it is invaluable! and a smaller team easier to wipe out! Brilliant!

MeatShieldNZ
      Keymaster

Hi Vinny,

The idea behind the design is that Airborne Engineers in reality were more of an assault demolition team rather than a traditional engineer who would have had training in mechanical repairs.

Airborne should be able to build foxholes anywhere, if you are in a position to build them in the enemy base then you’ve probably already won. The COH1 slit trench was ingame but it is bugged so has to be removed (troops wouldn’t turn and engage enemy behind them).

Could you clarify the errors around the fighting position/foxhole as this sounds like it may still be incorrect.

Thanks

VinnySOB
      Participant

Thanks for clarifying the repair question. As to the fighting positions, they cost $200 for regular AB to build and there is no .50 cal upgrade, which I assume is intentional, but pricey. However, you also get the facing/line of sight indicator when placing it, even though it does not have the .50 upgrade.

The AB engineers (forgot the cost) build the fighting position which does have the .50 cal (which I believe is correct) however, there is no direction/line of sight indicator when placing it, so looks like that may need to be switched, since you will/can add a .50. Definitely helps if it is firing in the right direction.

MeatShieldNZ
        Keymaster

Thanks Vinny, will get these fixed for the next patch.

Olhausen
      Keymaster

Fixed, move to resolved

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘3.1.6 Beta US AB engineer/101st bugs’ is closed to new replies.